Twitter announced today a new partnership with social data streaming service Gnip at the Defrag Conference outside of Denver: Gnip will offer 50% of all the messages posted to Twitter for $360,000 per year, or 5% of all messages for $60,000 per year. Pricing is not yet on the Gnip site, but was disclosed in an interview with ReadWriteWeb.
Boulder-based Gnip (the name is “ping” spelled backwards) is a middleman between social media sites and social media monitoring companies. The company has raised about $5 million from Foundry Group, SoftTech VC and First Round Capital. Customers include Alterian, Next Big Sound and Attensity.
Ryan Sarver, a member of Twitter's platform team, said that the move is aimed at helping people who are analyzing huge bodies of Twitter posts in order to perform sentiment analysis, identify trends, and other sorts of data-intensive tasks. "We haven't been able to serve that market well in the past," Sarver said.
Popular Posts
-
Calling all bloggers young and old! Show the world you care! Be a part of the " I Blog, I Care Movement ." Here are the rules on ...
-
It's time for some laughs. Here are some 911 calls that will surely, at the least, bring a smile to your face. Dispatcher : 9-1-1 What...
-
Online computer hacktivists collectively known as “Anonymous” are calling for a global day of protest this Saturday — and Twitter is in the ...
-
Would you like to watch the movie The Back-up Plan? It's a romance-comedy movie that stars Jennifer Lopez. Last night I watched the mo...
-
I was starving after I my workout today--had the day off from the j.o.b. :) I came home, chopped some fresh brocolli and green bell pepper. ...
-
via TechCrunch - LinkedIn’s CEO Jeff Weiner has just unveiled LinkedIn Signal at TechCrunch Disrupt, a new feature that neatly marries the...
-
Come join Music Monday and share your songs with us. Rules are simple. Leave ONLY the actual post link here and grab the code below and pla...
-
Whew! Just back from a week in Hong Kong, where my cousin Meng Yao actually knew who Yarah Bravo is! So I asked him if he had any favourite ...
-
Here's something you should know! A group of lawyers have ruled that it's okay for attorneys to dig through social networking webs...