Preps For Fall and Winter

Where have you been? Could make this an exotic vacation, but no... What with autumn just around the corner, many things need to be done outside. Cutting tree branches and bushes. Keeping the pool clean of many leaves, most of which where not mine. I do have a gardener, but that means the grass (which is small) is mowed and trimmed. and then the damn blower! I guess they're necessary, but after they leave I usually wash everything off as the dust just resettles elsewhere. Work work work. But, once again I must reiterate I am lucky as I do not live in an apartment. That would drive me nuts. I have really become a loner (as much as possible with a hubby and two little ones to care for) and somewhat of a bookworm and would not wish to tolerate NOISE.

One day this week I thought "what is all this noise?" Usually it's nice and quiet; even though I live very near a very busy fast food street and a main highway thru town. There were blowers, mowers, dogs barking, loud car stereos and the people who live in back of me seems to have a man that loves noise. He is usually power sawing, pounding loud enough to wake the dead and yelling at someone. Then in back of him are children screaming or they're playing horseshoes after midnight. Good thing I sometimes don't get to bed til 1 or 2am. I think I notice it more because most of the time it is very quiet and peaceful.

It never rains here until I straighten things up. Usually it's right after I've tidied up the backyard and cleaned out the pool. At least it gives me something to do rather than sitting in front of the TV or PC all the time. The gardener does not do any of my backyard as there is no grass, just decking and potted plants. That's another job I've been doing. I thought it was going to be a simple job. The decking around the pool is concrete and all around the sides and back is a wooden decking that has been down long enough for the termites to eat away. Luckly it is only about a foot off the ground as I have put my foot thru several times. Some of them were easy to replace, but one area was eaten away where the boards were nailed to them. So, I had to pull up one whole section and have yet to redo it. I did use my spiral saw to cut up a LOT of wood to burn that could not be used again.

Popular Posts

Click Station

At The Feeder (Last 30 days)

Monetize!