This "Apple Kuchen" [APFELKUCHEN] is a fitting treat for the Halloween-thru-Thanksgiving Holiday Season. It's easy to make and the scent it gives off during and after baking fills your place with holiday warmth and cheer!
You will need:
1 Extra Large or 2 Medium Eggs
1/4 cup milk
1 teaspoon PURE REAL Vanilla Extract
1/4 cup granulated sugar
2 cups packaged biscuit mix (either Jiffy or Bisquick, but note that the final product tastes a little diferent depending on which one you use - try both and decide which you like best!) I would strongly advise against using flour instead of baking mix. But if you have no other choice, you'll need 2 cups, use an extra 1/2 cup milk and 1 full fup of sugar instead of a 1/4.
1/2 stick of softened butter or margarine
Approx. 3 to 5 apples, depending on size. Peel and slice. If you can find apples growing in your neighborhood, these are best. Get your neighbor's permission to pick a few, and cut away any blemishes later. Next best thing is a big of mixed variety apples or get a few different kinds yourself, sweet and tart.
(1) Pre-heat oven to 375F - lightly butter a 9x11 (or close to that) baking pan
(2) In a medium bowl, use a fork to blend egg with milk and vanilla until well-mixed. Add in the sugar, softened butter and biscuit mix. Thoroughly stir with fork until smooth - about 2 minutes
(3) Spread the batter evenly in the pan. It may look very thin, but that's ok! On batter surface, arrange the apple slices in overlapping fashion.
(4) Place dots of butter here and there atop the apple slices. Sprinkle a little cinnaomn.
(5) Bake 30 to 35 minutes. (Depends on your baking pan, oven and altitude!)
After cooling, sprinkle with powdered sugar - regular will do fine if you don't have powdered. If you like, you can top with whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream! We leave it in the pan, cutting and serving slices with a spatula. Happy Baking!
"Bluebird" is from the album, "Children of Possibility," released on September 20, 2005. Russian DJ Vadim (aka "th...
Calling all bloggers young and old! Show the world you care! Be a part of the " I Blog, I Care Movement ." Here are the rules ...
Photos get a higher number of retweets. Now that twitter has made this information public, look for an onslaught of BS photos from “soci...
One of the more haunting ballads of the previous century... Happy Music Monday all!.. and oh.. if you are participating.. why not visit ...
Basilique Soundscape Le festival de cette année à la basilique Hudson est Septembre 11-13. Et la gamme de la musique initiale de ce est mai...
I was in the mood for dancing, so will you dance along with me? Following the recent Siji/Alix Alvarez collaboration comes this video to th...