- 1 cup whole wheat flour (a pinch more depending on the moisture of the mix)
- 1 1/2 cups of Rolled Oats
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg (optional)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup olive oil or Smart Balance Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Molasses
- 1 egg (beat with 1 Tbsp Water)
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- In a large bowl, mix all the dry ingredients together.
- In a medium bowl, mix all the wet ingredients together. Hint: when measuring out the honey, spray the measuring cup with oil or baking spray--your honey won't stick).
- Mix the wet stuff with the dry stuff. Add the raisins and walnuts and mix. If the mixture seems too wet, add a bit of flour. If it isn't binding together very well, you can add an egg white.
- COOL the mix for 20 minutes in the ref.
- Preheat the oven to 330 degrees (lower temperature due to the honey in the recipe which will burn more easily).
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto your baking sheet (It is recommend to line the baking sheet with parchment paper). Press down with a fork to ensure even cooking.
- Bake for about 17 - 22 minutes or until golden on the bottom of the cookie. The cookies freeze very well and make a great snack!