According to Wall Street Journal on Tuesday, social networking and microblogging website Twitter Inc. is in advanced talks to purchase TweetDeck, a desktop Adobe AIR-based Twitter client that allows users to manage and filter their tweets and followers, for $50 million.
Tweetdeck, based near east London’s “Silicon Roundabout” cluster of internet start-ups, accounts for around 10 per cent of all the messages posted on Twitter, making it the most popular way to use the short-from messaging site after Twitter’s own website.
PCMag.com blogger Lance Ulanoff tweeted "If Twitter gets TweetDeck, there will likely be no more TweetDeck."
Hold on, Lance! In April 2010, Twitter acquired Tweetie, the leading iPhone application, renamed it ‘Twitter for iPhone’ and made it FREE. Another blogger, Mark Evans Tech, says a Twitter-TweetDeck deal makes complete sense.
For more on the TweetDeck-Twitter discussions, check out VentureBeat and GigaOm.
And check out Could Twitter Get “MySpaced”?
Popular Posts
-
Many of my peeps have wondered why and asked about "the twitterer on Facebook." I'm working on a "Facebook blog" but...
-
a bunch of older men were looking at me while I was shopping....well I didn't care because they were too old for me...one guy deliberate...
-
i'm not blogging today
-
i'm so aggravated right now! I can't get onto the mommies chat! Every mom in the world must go on after 10pm! When all the kiddies ...
-
Pocket-lint : ... Report: Microsoft near $7 billion deal for Skype Technology Hack In The Box - 8 hours ago Microsoft is putting the finish...
-
i'm blogging from Nikki's lappie. found my old box of VCDs lost last time we moved. i had forgotten how much i loved Sailormoon. i...
-
Be advised, these folks are "follow friday friendly" - also check out "50 Best Twitter Moms"
-
Come, network, join the fun! Welcome to the Friday Linky Freebies! Feel free to leave your blog url and links here – yes, for free. No strin...
-
Last Friday, George and I brought BBG to the clinic for her 4th month shots. It was surprising to learn that in just a span of a week, our ...
-
dinner disaster today - mashed potatoes don't bounce.... And I begin in the middle of my life in the middle of a day old enough to know ...