Migration

Well, it's been a minute since my last post! There's been a lot is going on - at least for me! Last night, after doing some late night grocery shopping (prep for the hurricane), I fired up the ham radio that is now in the old Jeep. On the ride home I heard someone calling CQ (calling any station) with a strong signal, a callsign I didn't recognize. I called back and was surprised to hear the other Ham come back with "Greetings from Africa!" I couldn't believe it, I was talking to a real dyed-in-the-wool Nigerian! Well, at least it was a big deal for me! And he didn't try to scam me or anything! :-)

We drove up to the Angeles National Forest a few weekends ago and landed at the Mt. Wilson Observatory. The mountain top is totally dedicated to astronomy with numerous telescopes including the world famous 100" instrument. It's hard to believe that all that stuff was actually built in the early 1900's! The road construction alone must have been an engineering feat for its time! It was a pretty cloudy day so I didn't get the view of the LA basin that is supposed to be so incredible from up there. Someday I'll just have to go back!

Well, that is about it from here - got to get back to work. Oh yeah, I got a 9 to 5. Working the blog from home just wasn't paying the bills!

Popular Posts

Click Station

At The Feeder (Last 30 days)

Monetize!